What is Open about the PODS Data Model?
The word “Open” in the Association’s name refers to several key priorities of the Association:
- that the technologies used for model development strive to be open and independent of platform or vendor,
- that membership be open to any company, association, agency or individual,
- that membership directs the activities and priorities of the Association,
- that data model standards developed are non-proprietary,
- that members vote to approve the proposed data standards,
- that funding is raised through membership fees, compliance fees, and sponsorship by member companies.
The Intellectual Property (IP) of the PODS data model itself is owned by the PODS Association, Inc. The PODS data model is not a public domain data model and is only available to member companies.