- This event has passed.
25th Anniversary/ Spring Forum
April 25, 2023 @ 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
This will be a hybrid event – we hope you can join in person but for those that cannot please register for the live stream to join us virtually.
This forum will include the kickoff of our year-long 25th Anniversary Celebration, PODS Awards, our annual business meeting, updates on the new modules and models, committee updates, PODS roadmap and special guest speakers.
SCS is PODS’s first Carbon Sequestration member so we are excited to hear from Jason on why they joined PODS and the differences/similarities of renewables pipeline data. Jason will share a bit of his history in pipeline and his vision/plan/strategy for SCS and maybe give us some teasers about his plenary talk at ERGIS. SCS’s pipeline will be the largest/longest carbon sequestration pipeline in the world when completed! There will be plenty to talk about related to the energy transition and how we can all support a new data standard for renewables in addition to what the working group is doing now to build a brand-new water model.
As bp’s Geospatial Pipeline SME, Graham’s chief responsibilities cover bp’s pipeline data and PODS data model at a global scale. He’s recently designed and built bp’s latest PODS data model, PODS 7.0.1 bp Golden Build. He’s been developing some great tools for visualizing PODS data, like bp’s Subsea, Pipeline & Riser Twin (SPiRiT). His innovative approach, PODS expertise, and 20 years in the GIS industry, provide him with the foundation to push boundaries to realize the potential of the of data bp holds.
3 pm – The Grove Treehouse Balcony – Cocktails and networking with sponsors
4 pm – Move to the Vista Room – Welcome from PODS Board President, Todd Patterson, Senior Manager, Enterprise Asset Management for Buckeye
4:20 pm – Gold Sponsors Intro, Awards and Thanks – ESRI, New Century Software
4:30 pm – Committee and Work Group Updates
- Monique Roberts – PODS Community and Resources Updates, Executive Director for PODS
- Deborah Matthews – TCG Chair, Manager, GIS for TC Energy
- Kirk Cameron – TCDM Chair, President of Cameron Systems, Inc., Contractor for New Century Software, Inc.
- Jeff Allen – PODS Utility Network + APR module – PODS Board Member, Global Pipeline Practice Manager for ESRI
- Marissa Mijal – Integrity / Regulatory Module Chair, GIS Principal Consultant, Technical Lead and ArcGIS Administrator for INTEGRI-TEK
- Craig Daly & Joann Ren – Water Data Model, Analytics at Xylem
- Graham Savage – PODS 7x bp Golden Build (with APR), Geospatial Pipeline SME for bp
- Pete Veenstra – Importance of Data Governance, Terracon/Pivvot
5:50 pm – Remaining Awards Ceremony
6:00 pm – Keynote Speaker
6:25 pm – Dinner then move back to the Treehouse Balcony
8:00 pm – END